Labels

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review of New Balance MR1225


Currently, I go running in this pair of shoes. It's the New Balance MR1225.  It's a wonderful pair of running shoes and I'll tell you why.

As someone who has flat feet (absolutely no arches in my feet!), I'm fussy about the shoes I wear, regardless of whether the shoes are for running or just plain walking around the city.  So it really is a noteworthy event when I come across a pair of shoes that fits.  As the cliche goes, "If the shoe fits, buy it."  I found this pair at the New Balance Factory Outlet at The Comtech building, 60 Alexandra Terrace, in Singapore.

So here's why the MR1225 is great.


Let's start at the bottom. The outsole is mostly carbon rubber so it's durable. Weight is minimised with exposed portions of the midsole. The outsole seems to provide a stable feel while running.

The midsole has lots of the Abzorb cushioning material that many New Balance shoes have. This results in a delightful cushioning feel even when running over concrete pavements. I do feel as though there's a nice large cushioning pad under the forefoot area. The midsole is a multi-density one, and contains a Stabilicore device to control medial pronation. This midsole design is so good that I don't have to wear any orthotics when running in these shoes. Of course, this works for me since I don't run long distances; I run for general fitness and not for competition.  My aim is to stay injury-free and enjoy running as a way to stay fit.

The shape of the shoe last seems to be able to accommodate a wide variety of foot shapes. The toe box is not narrow and that's a plus. That, to me, helps to provide a stable toe-off during running.

The upper of the MR1225 is supportive with overlays in the right places, and the laces and lace loops enable one to employ all kinds of lacing techniques for a secure fit. I don't think sore spots or chafing on the tops and sides of the feet would occur. I also like the breathable mesh of the upper.

Finally, the insoles are made with Ortholite, so that's another plus. These insoles feel soft and airy when wearing these running shoes.


Overall evaluation: A very good blend of support, stability, overpronation control, and cushioning.

When this pair wears out, I'd like to get a similar pair.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Say, please share your experience about your footwear: